Intensive ‘hands-on’ training programme to learn Statistics, from basic to advanced tools, and; to derive professional expertise in Statistics for Data Science, in the simplest possible way!
A Unique training programme to learn Statistics!
96 hours of intensive hands-on training, online or offline! Learn Statistics from the basics to applications along with the easiest statistical software, IBM SPSS Statistics and free and open source software, Jamovi.
Prepare yourself for the role of a Data Analyst or Data Scientist, truly professional, armed with clear cut knowledge in statistical techniques and software!
This programme has the objective to make you an expert in the theoretical as well as applied aspects of Statistics, essential and inevitable for Data Science. Sound foundation and professional competency in Statistics will enable the participants to delve more into data science with programming languages like R and Python.
The training programme is designed in such a way that any computer literate without any expertise in statistics or statistical software can make use of the programme.
Who can benefit?
This program is intended for aspirants and professionals in data science career.
But, Economists, Business Analysts, Financial / Stock Market Experts, Faculty Members, Research Scholars, Postgraduate Students - all those who want to possess professional grade ability in statistical model building and analysis will find the programme highly useful. Anyone handling data sets can have clear advantage!
The programme will enable the participants to:
- Understand concepts, tools and techniques of Statistics
- Prepare datasets for statistical modelling and analysis
- Use statistical software with professional competency
- Build statistical models for data science problems.
- Interpret statistical results and prepare reports
The programme is comprehensive and unique in its content. The major topics of learning include:
- Data Science, Statistics and Software
- Data Preparation Techniques
- Visualisation of Data
- Exploratory Statistics
- Inferential Statistics: Foundations
- Parametric and Non-Parametric Tests
- Analysis of Associations and Relationships
- Reliability Analysis
- Overview of Multivariate Analysis
- Principal Components Analysis (PCA) / Exploratory Factor Analysis (EFA)
- Multiple, Partial and Canonical Correlations
- Analysis of Causality: Simple and Multiple Regression Analysis
- Logistic Regression Analysis
- Survival Analysis
- MANOVA and MANCOVA
- Discriminant Analysis
- Cluster Analysis
- Decision Tree
- Nearest Neighbor Analysis
- Multidimensional Scaling (Perceptual Mapping)
- Correspondence Analysis
- Conjoint Analysis
- Statistical Simulation
- Time Series Analysis and Forecasting
Mode and Duration
The programme is designed as Online and Offline Programmes with duration of 3 Months and 12 Days respectively. Both modes consist of 48 sessions and a total of 96 hours of learning experience.
Online programme includes 2 hours of learning (8:30 to 10:30 pm) on 4 days in a week (Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday) for 3 months.
Offline programmes includes 8 hours of learning (8 am to 5 pm) for 2 weeks (12 full days).
Both online and offline modes consist of intensive, live instructor-led interactive lecturing supported with hands-on workouts. The training will use the statistical software, IBM SPSS Statistics and Jamovi, on which the participants are expected to derive professional-grade command.
Each participant will receive individual attention from the trainer. Participants will be given course material in the form of presentation slides with required links to supportive documents, datasets and web resources. Participants will be awarded a certificate of participation on the successful completion of the programme.
Admission is open to all graduates of any discipline with computer literacy. You need not be a Math or Stat wizard to attend this programme. Without any prior exposure to statistics and statistical software, you can derive expertise in statistical techniques through this programme. Those who are familiar with statistical concepts will naturally have an advantage.
Admission is on first come first serve basis; Number of seats is limited to 12 to ensure individual attention.
Offline programme: INR 1,44,000 or USD 1850.
Online Programme: INR 72,000 or USD 925.
Why should I go for it?
- Programme designed by professionals to meet industry requirements.
- Introduction to the most sophisticated and latest techniques and software.
- Hands on training in statistical software and web resources
- Course materials include presentation files, datasets, ebooks and open-source software.
- Stress-free learning environment with innovative, intensive and informal approach in the conduct of the programme.
- It will save time, effort and money for those who really want to master Statistics for Data Science!
- Certification on the successful completion of the programme.
- Qualification for numerous upcoming job opportunities.
- Enables you to undertake outsourced data analysis projects.
- Follow up programmes on the latest developments in the field.
Training at Norma School is the best cost-effective professional training you can ever attend. You may compare it with international standards. Learn more at Why Norma School?
How to register?
It’s really simple! Visit: https://www.normaschool.com/registration
For help, call: +91-9037412343. We are always happy to help you.
You can register for the programme at any time in advance. Seats are allotted on 'first come, first serve' basis. If you need assistance, please contact us or call +91-9037412343. We are happy to help you!
Click here to download the brochure of this training programme.
Interested in conducting this programme exclusively for your colleagues / friends at your institution / location? Click here
Calendar 2023 & 2024
Plan your trainings in 2023 and 2024.
The programme calendar gives the schedules of all training progrmmes, both offline and online. Select the programmes to build up your career or to upgrade your professional competency! You can register for the progammes in advance.
Become a Data Analyst or Econometrician or Social Analyst.
Young aspirants can opt for combinations of different programmes to reach their career goals. Complete the programmes at easy phases, at your convenience, either offline or online. Offline programmes span from 3 to 12 days. Online programmes span 1 to 3 months. Get certified at each phase. Learn as you go! Step by step!